Sunday, February 12, 2012

Widow - Show's Up




The exhibition titled 'Widow' opened at the La Trobe University Visual Arts Centre in Bendigo on 2nd February. Elly Varrenti gave a truly wonderful opening speech for me - I am so very lucky. I will try to get a copy of her speech to publish here. It was a sensational, well attended opening. The dress image is a cropped (by me) version of a photograph taken at the opening by Nicola Loder. (Thanks Nic)

I also did a short radio interview on our local ABC station, which you can follow a link to here -
www.abc.net.au/local/audio/2012/02/03/3422468.htm
It is all about the spiders!
(Sorry I'm having trouble getting it to 'link', but you should be able to copy and paste it.)

Meanwhile I'm getting the purses together, and also need to get some photos of the purses with the spiders (I decided at the eleventh hour to make spider purses for the exhibition) to show you.

The purses are slowly but surely coming together...

No comments:

Post a Comment